- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Transfer melted butter and chocolate to a large bowl. Add sugar and beat with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, while beating continuously, then vanilla.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix using a spatula. Add half the milk and mix. Repeat until flour mixture and milk is used, and cake batter has been completely combined.
- Pour batter over the pears and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Carefully invert onto a plate, leaving the pan inverted on top of the cake for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove pan and serve cake wither warm or room temperature, with cream, vanilla ice cream, or plain.
Recipe from technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com