Serves: 1 large quiche
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 large packet fresh spinach or swiss chard, shredded
6-7 white or brown mushrooms, washed and diced
4 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup milk
1 cup chunky plain cottage cheese
1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed
small handful of arugula or chives, to garnish
salt and pepper
- To make the base, cut the butter with flour until a coarse mixture forms and the butter has become the size of peas. Add water and work into a fully combined dough.
- Press dough into an even layer across the bottom and sides of a large pie dish. Set aside.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a large pot or saucepan. Saute onions until lightly browned, then add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add spinach and cover with lid to allow spinach to wilt.
- Transfer vegetable mixture over the prepared quiche base and spread evenly. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with milk, cottage cheese, feta cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cooked vegetables and carefully stir to spread across the base of the quiche.
- Garnish with arugula or chives and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 35-45 minutes, or until quiche has set and the crust is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a side salad.